A lot of people ask the question “is booking an independent planner or direct the best option”. I have listed below a lot of reasons why booking an independent planner is more beneficial for you:
- Service: Independent planners offer a much more personal service, you have the same planner from initial enquiry through to your wedding day (and after). We are more responsive as you can call, text, email, whatsapp etc whenever you think of a question and we usually reply within a few hours. When booking direct you may get a response from a team member so not always someone who knows you and has dealt with you previously and this can be days/weeks later depending how busy they are.
- Venues: We pride ourselves on being honest about the venues we work with and we like to find out about your requirements before suggesting which venues may be suitable for you. We are not tied to any venues so we can explain about each one and which we think would be most suited to you. Pictures can be misleading and we want you to be sure you are totally happy with the venue you choose and explain in more detail before booking it for you. When booking direct they are going to try and promote their venue to influence you to book.
- Fees: We do charge a planning fee, however this covers a lot of extras that booking direct doesn’t and although a lot state “complimentary planner” this isn’t always the case as they charge more for the suppliers they use which means you pay more in the long run. We charge a lot less for extras/suppliers so on average we can save you more money on the total cost of your wedding (and a lot of the time they are exactly the same suppliers that we both use)!
- Town Hall Appointments: When getting married in Cyprus, you have to go to a town hall appointment usually 1-3 days before the wedding to produce your documents, sign the paperwork and pay the marriage fees. We will collect you from your accommodation and take you to the town hall, then following the appointment, take you to your chosen wedding venue/s and explain how the day will go and make any final arrangements. When booking direct, they usually put you in a taxi (which you have to pay for) and are left to deal with it all on your own.
- Apostille Stamps: Since Brexit (UK couples only), your wedding certificate now requires an apostille stamp which shows it’s an official document and is recognised in the UK. After the ceremony, we will take the certificate/s for you, obtain the stamps at the Citizens Centre and return them back to your accommodation 1-2 days later as part of our service. When booking direct you will be charged an extra fee for this usually between 40-60 euros.